среда, 11 июня 2014 г.

Martin Luther, 1483-1546 "Almighty God, I call to Thee"

Almighty God, I call to Thee

Translator: F. WhartonAuthor: Martin Luther
Tune: ATTOLLE PAULUM
Published in 10 hymnals

1 Almighty God! I call to Thee,
By sore temptation shaken;
Incline Thy gracious ear to me,
And leave me not forsaken;
For who that feels the power within
Of past remorse and present sin,
Can stand, O Lord, before Thee.
2 On Thee alone my stay I place,
All human help rejecting;
Relying on Thy sovereign grace,
Thy sovereign and expecting,
I rest upon Thy sacred word,
That Thou'lt repel him not, O Lord,
Who to Thy mercy fleeth.
3 And though I travail all the night,
And travail all the morrow,
My trust is in Jehovah's might,
My triumph in my sorrow;
Forgetting not that Thou of old
Didst Israel, though weak, uphold;
When weakest then most loving!
4 What though my sinfulness be great,
Redeeming love is greater;
What though all hell should lie in wait,
Supreme is my Creator;
And He my Rock and fortress is,
And when most helpless, most I'm His,
My strength and my Redeemer.
Hymnal: according to the use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America, 1871
The Church Hymnal with Canticles (1892), p.450

Hymnal and Canticles of the Protestant Episcopal Church with Music (Gilbert & Goodrich) (1883), p.425

Worship in Song: a selection of hymns and tunes for the Service of the Sanctuary (1880), p.253

Hymnal: according to the use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America : Revised edition (1874) (1874), p.415




C cайта hymnary.org

Комментарии: 0:

Отправить комментарий

Подпишитесь на каналы Комментарии к сообщению [Atom]

<< Главная страница